Putting Things Right

We want all our customers to have a great experience with us and to receive excellent service all the time. However, if something goes wrong we will do all we can to put things right as quickly as we can.

Below is our Complaint Handling Procedure, which outlines how we will handle your complaint to make sure things are resolved smoothly and efficiently for you. Although we are sure we can resolve any issue, it is important you know that you can get independent advice about your complaint at any time from the Citizens Advice consumer service.

Want to know how we are doing with our complaints handling?

You can download our latest complaints performance here

Step 1 – Let us know you are unhappy

Tell us what has gone wrong and we will do all we can to resolve things for you straight away. Our customer care team are ready to deal with your issue and put things right promptly. However, sometimes things will take a bit more work and if this is the case we will let you know exactly what we need to do and why, outline how long this should take and provide you with a reference number for your complaint.

Your complaint will be allocated to a dedicated Complaints Executive and they will keep you updated throughout and will look to agree convenient times to speak to you about this.

You can contact us by:

0333 21 25 973


OneSelect LTD, 7th Floor, Reading Bridge House, George Street, Reading, RG1 8LS

Step 2 – If you are still unhappy

If you are unhappy with the outcome of your complaint or if we don’t resolve your complaint or agree what needs to be done, then please let us know and we will have your complaint passed to a resolution specialist. They will review this for you and look to see how we can work together to reach a suitable outcome.

If we are still unable to agree a mutually acceptable resolution then we will formally write to you explaining our final position, this is also referred to as a ‘Deadlock’ letter.

Step 3 – Independent Review and Advice

If you need independent advice

It’s easy to get independent advice about your energy supply. The Citizens Advice consumer service gives free, confidential and impartial advice. You can get in touch with them for advice at any time during the complaints process.

0345 404 0506 (consumer helpline)

18001 03454 04 05 06 (Textphone)

www.citizensadvice.org.uk/energy or submit a query here

CAB’s Consumer checklist is available here or in Welsh here


Energy Ombudsman

If you’re not happy with the outcome of your complaint and 8 weeks have passed since you first raised it or if we have issued you a Deadlock letter, then you have the right to contact Ombudsman Services: Energy.

Ombudsman Services: Energy will carry out a free, independent investigation for you. As part of resolving your complaint, they may ask us to apologise, explain things further, amend your account or take other corrective steps and they may also require us to award compensation. The decision they make will be binding on us, but not on you, so you can take further advice if you wish to.

You can contact Ombudsman Services: Energy by:

0330 440 1624

0330 440 1600 (Textphone)

osenquiries@os-energy.org or www.ombudsman-services.org/energy

Energy Ombudsman, PO Box 966, Warrington, WA4 9DF


If you would like a copy of our complaints procedure the please click here for a downloadable printable copy. Alternatively, please contact our Customer Care team who will arrange for a copy to be sent to you free of charge.

Switching is as easy as 1,2,3

Verify your postcode, get a quote, fill in the form and you’re done!